Frequently Asked Questions
The Toronto Pearson Lost & Found office is located at Terminal 1, Ground level between doors R and S. Hours of Operation are 0900-1900, 7 days a week. Due to extremely high volume of inquiries we strongly recommend you visit the Lost and Found office , for faster service. Otherwise, please fill out the form by clicking here. Item are securely stored in the Lost and Found office for 30 days from the date the item is turned into us. Please note that the Toronto Pearson Lost & Found Office will not be able to assist passengers who have lost passports, Nexus cards, items on airplanes (including lost luggage) or on the UP Express train.
For those passengers who have lost the following items:
- Passport: ALL lost passports found at the airport are turned into the Canada Border Service Agency, please contact them at their dedicated number at Toronto Pearson 905-676-5380
- Nexus Cards: ALL lost Nexus cards found at the airport are turned into the Nexus office, please contact them directly at 905-676-3477
If you have lost an item:
- On an airplane (including lost luggage) must contact the airline directly.
- On the UP Express: Must file a Lost & Found report at https://www.upexpress.com/CustomerSupport/LostFound
Baggage handling is the responsibility of each airline. To contact them directly regarding lost or damaged baggage, please refer to our Airline Listings.
Book online to reserve your parking spot at the airport and get the best price available without needing a promo code or coupon. To find out more, refer to our Parking Reservations page.
To get a copy of a parking receipt, please contact our parking service provider Indigo at 416-776-5158.
When you contact Indigo, please have the following information available:
- Dates you were parked
- Which parking facility you used
- Method of payment
- Vehicle information
Mobility assistance is available to all passengers at Toronto Pearson, and is provided by your airline. In order to arrange for assistance during your time at Toronto Pearson please contact your travel agent or airline directly prior to your travel date. Please find contact information for airline through our Airline Listings.
Security screening services are provided by the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA). For restrictions regarding items you are permitted to take in your checked and carry-on luggage, please refer to the CATSA website: What Can I Bring?.
Please contact CATSA directly for further inquiries: